Several park pavilions and a gazebo are available for rent. You can find details and request a reservation here:
View Facility Descriptions and Request Reservations.
Reservation Policy - Summary
You can request a pavilion or facility reservation online; by visiting the township building, 515 Millers Run Road, during regular business hours; or by calling or emailing Recreation Director Paula Simmons. Your reservation is NOT final until:
- Payment is received, and
- Facility rental application is completed by the applicant and approved by the township
A request to hold the date for rental of a township facility will be honored for two (2) weeks only.
Reservation requests must be made at least five (5) days in advance. Requests are accepted no sooner than one year in advance, to date. (For example, a request for a reservation on Aug. 1, 2016, cannot be made until Aug. 1, 2015.)
We are in the process of setting up an online reservation payment system.
Park Facility Rental Policy
Reservation & Rental Procedures
Request to Reserve a South Fayette Township Park Facility:
Individuals wishing to make a request to reserve the use of South Fayette Township park facilities may make their request as follows:
- In person at the South Fayette Township municipal office, 515 Millers Run Road, Morgan PA, 15064, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M.; or
- Via the South Fayette Township official website at www.southfayettepa.com (as available); or
- By contacting the Recreation Director by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 412-221-8700, extension 17. Please do not leave information regarding a reservation request on voicemail; these requests will not be honored.
All requests and reservations are on first-come, first-served basis and must be made at least five (5) days in advance and not more than one (1) year in advance of the date of the event. If the date of the request should fall at a time when the township office is not open, the request may be made on the following Monday.
A request to hold the date for rental of a township facility will be honored for two (2) weeks only. All rental fees and the security deposit must be paid in full to reserve a facility. Payment and the completion of the Facility Rental Application must be submitted to the Recreation Director and approved within the two-week time period, or the request to reserve a township facility will be canceled.
There are resident and non-resident rental rates (NO EXCEPTIONS). The rental fee and the security deposit are accepted in the form of checks only. Two separate checks are required: one check for the rental fee, and one check for the security deposit. Both checks must be made payable to South Fayette Township. The check for the rental fee must be dated the date it is written, and the check for the security deposit must be post-dated for the date the facility will be rented.
The security deposit check will be returned to the renter via United States mail within two weeks of the event if the rented facility is left in the same condition in which it was found. However, if township property is missing or damaged, or if the facility is not cleaned, the security deposit will not be returned. The person who signs the Facility Rental Application must be at least 21 years old and is responsible for ensuring the facility is clean and free from damage and that township property has not been removed from the facility.
Facility users must clean up and place all trash in proper receptacles.
- Fairview Rotary Pavilion – Trash bags are provided for the removal of all trash. The trash bags are located in the kitchen area, and a dumpster is located in the parking lot behind the pavilion.
- Fairview Entrance Pavilion - Trash bags are provided for the removal of all trash. The trash bags are located in the storage area between the bathroom facilities.
Pavilion Key Pickup and Return (Fairview Entrance Pavilion and Fairview Rotary Pavilion)
- Keys to the pavilion must be picked up the week prior to the rental date at the South Fayette Township municipal office during business hours (8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.).
- Keys to the pavilion must be returned to the South Fayette Township municipal building no later than one week after the date of the rental.
- Individuals wishing to rent a pavilion are required to pay a five-dollar ($5.00) key deposit at the time of key pickup.
Alcohol use is by permit only. Additional fees apply. Alcohol may be permitted only at the following facilities:
- Fairview Entrance Pavilion
- Fairview Rotary Pavilion
- Boys Home Pavilion
- Fairview Baseball Fields A & B
Park Rules and Regulations
Park rules must be followed by everyone using the park, including those renting pavilions and other facilities.
- Park Hours are sunrise until 10:00 P.M.
- Disorderly or indecent conduct and profane or offensive language is prohibited.
- Defacing or destroying park or township property is prohibited.
- Disposing of hazardous or toxic waste at township parks is prohibited.
- Driving or parking on grass or turf areas is prohibited.
- Open fires are allowed only in grills.
- Pets must remain on leashes at all times. Owners are required to clean up after their pets and appropriately dispose of pet waste.
- The speed limit in all parks is 15 miles per hour unless otherwise posted.
- Games, contests, or sports are permitted only in areas designated for such use.
- Soliciting or holding public meetings without permission of the township is prohibited.
- Dumping or disposing of refuse not accumulated in the park is prohibited.
- Operating for-profit activity on township property without written township approval is prohibited.
- Archery equipment is prohibited.
- Weapons of all kinds are prohibited, except those possessed by law enforcement officers in the execution of their duties.
- Failure to comply with the above rules and regulations may result in forfeiture of security and cleaning deposit, payment of additional damage fees, if applicable, and loss of privileges for use of the facility.