Real Estate Taxes
Online payment options and other property tax information are available on the tax collector's website. Property tax bills can be paid by e-check or credit card (fees apply).
- Township tax checks must be made payable to "South Fayette Township."
- School tax checks must be made payable to "South Fayette School District."
Real Estate Tax Payment Hours The tax collector does not have a permanent office in the township building, but holds office hours during periods of high volume. Hours will be published on the Tax Office Calendar when available. Otherwise, please contact the collector regarding availability for individual meetings.
3-Year Tax Certification
To obtain a 3-year tax certification by email, and then mail a check for $30, made payable to Anne Beck, to:
Anne BeckThe tax certification will be e-mailed to you.
P.O. Box 172
Presto, PA 15142-0172
By Postal Mail
If you do not have email access and/or wish to receive a hard copy of the 3-year tax certification through the mail, please mail the request, the $30 check made payable to Anne Beck, and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the address above. If no envelope is included with the mailed fee and request, only an emailed tax certification will be provided.
South Fayette Township tax bills are mailed out April 1. They can be paid at a 2% discount up to May 31; at face amount up to July 31; or at a 10% penalty amount up to Dec. 31. Township tax revenue funds operations such as police, code enforcement, trash/recycling, fire & library contributions, website/communications, administration, municipal government, public works and more.
School district tax bills are mailed out July 1. School bills can be paid at a 2% discount up to Aug. 31; at face value up to Oct. 31; or at a 10% penalty amount up to Dec. 31. This tax revenue funds only the school district, and not the township.
Please note: Property owners are responsible for paying taxes on schedule even if they do not receive a bill.
Property Tax Millage Rates
- South Fayette Township: 4.48 mills = $448 a year for every $100,000 of assessed value.
- South Fayette Township School District (2016-2017 school year): 26.7 mills = $2,670 a year for every $100,000 of assessed value.
- The Allegheny County Treasurer's Office handles county tax collection. : 4.73 mills = $473 a year for every $100,000 of assessed value.
Delinquent Tax Collection
Jordan Tax Service collects delinquent real estate taxes.