Environmental Advisory Council
- 6:30 p.m.
- 3rd Tuesday of each month, as needed (unless otherwise advertised) (PDF)
- South Fayette Township Municipal Building
515 Millers Run Road
South Fayette, PA 15064
- Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval of the minutes. View Agendas and Minutes
The Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) consists of three volunteers who are appointed by the Board of Commissioners. The EAC representation also includes a township commissioner and a staff member appointed by the township manager. Members of the EAC serve three-year staggered terms. When an open position on the board is advertised, you can apply using the Application for Appointment to a Board or Commission (PDF).
- Cindy Cox, Member
- David Pope, Member
- Pete Previte, Member
- Township Representative
- Board of Commissioners Representative
The South Fayette Township Environmental Advisory Council works at the direction of the township Board of Commissioners and as an extension of the township staff to research environmental issues. View the EAC bylaws (PDF) for more information.
- Establish and maintain a greenway inventory and plan
- Identify environmental problems and recommend plans and programs to the appropriate agencies for the promotion and conservation of natural resources and for the protection and improvement of the quality of the environment
- Keep an index of all brownfield sites for the purpose of prioritizing necessary cleanup and reuse programs and funding
- Keep an index of all mine drainage sites for the purpose of promoting cleanup and funding by submitting an annual priority report to the Board of Commissioners and other supporting internal and external agencies
- Keep an index of all open space, publicly and privately owned, including but not limited to flood-prone areas, swamps, and other unique natural areas, for the purpose of obtaining information on the proper use of such areas
- Review all proposed development plans of 50 units or more and provide a recommendation to the Board of Commissioners on any environmental concerns
- Review any land operations permit of 5 acres or more and provide a recommendation to the township staff on any environmental concerns
- Review any site plan of more than 5 acres and provide a recommendation to the Board of Commissioners on any environmental concerns