Real Estate Taxes
COVID-19 Tax Relief
- From Sept. 1 through Dec. 31, 2020, taxes may be paid at face value, with no fees or penalties charged. This applies only to township property taxes (4.73 mills).
If you have any questions about real estate taxes, please contact the elected tax collector, Kevin Biber, at 412-221-9250.
South Fayette elects the tax collector to accept payment for real estate taxes (property taxes) for both South Fayette Township and the South Fayette Township School District. The township office does not directly handle tax collection.
- Township tax checks must be made payable to "South Fayette Township."
- School tax checks must be made payable to "South Fayette School District."
Real Estate Tax Payment Hours
The tax collector does not have a permanent office in the township building, but holds office hours during periods of high volume. Hours will be published on the Tax Office Calendar when available. Otherwise, please contact the collector regarding availability for individual meetings.
3-Year Tax Certification
To obtain a 3-year tax certification, please direct your request to the tax collector.
COVID-19 TAX RELIEF 2020:
- The 2% discount period for paying 2020 South Fayette Township real estate taxes is extended from May 31 to Aug. 31, 2020.
- From Sept. 1 through Dec. 31, 2020, taxes may be paid at face value, with no fees or penalties charged.
South Fayette Township tax bills are mailed out April 1. They can be paid at a 2% discount up to May 31; at face amount up to July 31; or at a 10% penalty amount up to December 31.
Township tax revenue funds operations such as police, public works/roads, code enforcement, trash/recycling, fire departments, library, website/social media/magazine/communications, administration, municipal government and more.
School district tax bills are mailed out July 1. School bills can be paid at a 2% discount up to August 31; at face value up to October 31; or at a 10% penalty amount up to December 31. This tax revenue funds only the school district, and not the township.
Please note: Property owners are responsible for paying taxes on schedule even if they do not receive a bill.
Property Tax Millage Rates
- South Fayette Township (2020): 4.73 mills equals $473 a year for every $100,000 of assessed value.
- South Fayette Township School District (2019-2020 school year): 26.7 mills equals $2,670 a year for every $100,000 of assessed value.
- Allegheny County: 4.73 mills equals $473 a year for every $100,000 of assessed value. The Allegheny County Treasurer’s Office handles county tax collection.
Delinquent Tax Collection
Jordan Tax Service collects delinquent/past-year real estate taxes.