South Fayette Township offers curbside trash and recycling to single-family homes and multifamily residential buildings with four or fewer units. Waste collection is is contracted to a third-party company. Fees are paid directly to the waste hauler through the township's general fund.
- One large item per week is accepted curbside, such as furniture, household goods and disassembled children’s swing sets. (Consider donating first!)
- Carpet should be rolled and tied in lengths not to exceed 4 feet.
- Empty paint cans and/or dried paint is acceptable. Paint can be air-dried or soaked up with newspaper or kitty litter. The lids should be left off.
- Garbage should be in properly secured containers or plastic bags.
- Grass clippings and weeds should be in plastic bags.
- Appliances containing refrigerant, such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers and water coolers
- Construction and building materials (consider purchasing a Bagster)
- Hazardous Household Waste, including liquid paint, thinners, cleaners, pesticides/herbicides
- Automobile parts, including wheel rims and tires
- Trees, branches and bushes
- Ashes from furnaces and fireplaces
- Stones and dirt
- Electronics, such as televisions, computers, monitors and other computer equipment (find electronics recycling information here)
These items may go in the TRASH (but NOT curbside recycling):
- Ceramics or dishware
- Food waste
- Freezer food packaging
- Meat or dairy
- Packaging (plastic or paper)
- Paper plates
- Plastic bags
- Plastic deli take-out containers
- Plastic utensils
- Plastic wrap or wrapping film
- Styrofoam packaging (formed or pellet)
- Wax paper
- Window glass