Starting Jan. 1, 2019, the following materials no longer are accepted in recycling bins:
- Plastics #3-5 & 7
- Dairy and juice containers, and similar food containers
Visit Waste Management's Recycle Often, Recycle Right web page for details on curbside recycling collection.
- How do I get a recycling bin?
- How do I buy an additional recycling bin?
- How do I report a missed pickup or other trash/recycling issue?
- Where do I place my bin for automated recycling?
- What items can I recycle?
- What are the features and size of my recycling bin?
- Where do I store my recycling bin?
- What if I am moving?
- What if my recycling bin breaks?
- When is my recycling picked up?
- May I recycle plastic store bags?
- May I bag my recyclables?
- How do I recycle cardboard boxes?
- What if I live in Hunting Ridge?
- May I use a store-bought recycling bin?
- How do I know which recycling bin is mine?
- Who pays for recycling collection?
- What is automated recycling?
Report an Issue
If your pickup has been missed, or if you have any other concerns regarding trash or recycling collection, please report your issue with our 24-hour online Citizen Request Tracker. Your message will be immediately directed to Waste Management and South Fayette Township. Alternatively, you may call the township at 412-221-8700 or call Waste Management at 1-800-866-4460.
Recycling Curbside Collection
South Fayette Township has a contract with Waste Management for curbside collection of mixed, single-stream recycling at single-family homes and multi-family residences with four or fewer units. The services are paid through township taxes, with no additional fee charged to residents.
Recycling is picked up every other Thursday (every two weeks).
All types of recycling may be mixed together and placed in a single container. Examples of recyclables include paper, aluminum, glass and plastic. Recycling is mandatory, according to the township code. Please do NOT bag your recyclables.
Waste Management observes six holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
If a Waste Management scheduled holiday falls during the week (Monday-Friday) and your scheduled pickup is on or after the holiday, pickup will be 1 day later for the remainder of the week. If a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, there will be no change in service.
Recycling bins are available at the township building, 515 Millers Run Road, during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday). Cost is $50, paid by cash or check. Residents are responsible for the transportation of their additional bins. Each newly built home receives one recycling bin free of charge.