South Fayette Township has a contract with Waste Management for curbside collection of garbage and mixed, single-stream recycling at single-family homes and multi-family residences with four or fewer units. The services are paid through township taxes, with no additional fee charged to residents.
Trash is picked up every week. Recycling is picked up every other week (every two weeks).
Place bins at the curb the night before pickup, or before 6 a.m. on your service day. If waste is placed at the curb after 6 a.m., there is no guarantee of pickup.
Depending on your street, your collection day is either Thursday or Friday. Refer to the street service schedule for details.
Waste Management observes six holidays that cause a one-day service delay:
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday of May)
- Independence Day (Fourth of July)
- Labor Day (First Monday of September)
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday of November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
If a Waste Management scheduled holiday falls during the week (Monday through Friday) and your scheduled pickup is on or after the holiday, pickup is one day later. If a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, there is no change in service.
When there is a holiday delay:
- If your regular collection day is Thursday, holiday collection occurs Friday.
- If your regular collection day is Friday, holiday collection occurs Saturday.