Park facilities in South Fayette Township open Mon. June 15 with safety guidelines in place.
Openings include playgrounds, courts, fields, indoor restrooms and rental pavilions in Fairview, Morgan, Boys Home, Preservation and Sturgeon parks, and the township’s portion of the Panhandle Trail.
The township is increasing the cleaning of park facilities, but there is no guarantee that surfaces are always sterilized, and citizens use the parks at their own risk. Please follow guidelines issued by the Allegheny County Health Department and Pennsylvania Department of Health.
In compliance with requirements of the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Gov. Tom Wolf and the state and county health departments, as well as recommendations from UPMC and the Pennsylvania Park and Recreation Society, the following guidelines are in effect starting June 15:
- NOT FEELING WELL = STAY HOME
- Practice social distancing
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
- Wear a mask when possible, especially when social distancing is not possible
- Practice touchless sportsmanship – No handshakes, hugs, high fives or huddles
- Avoid sharing sports equipment
- No loitering after facility use
- Equipment sanitized daily
- Limit 10 people at a time using equipment
Bathrooms and Port-a-Johns
- Indoor restrooms and portable restrooms cleaned and sanitized daily
- Ballfields open June 15 to township athletic associations only, with township-approved plan
- Fields open for free play when not in use by athletic associations
- Gatherings on each field must not exceed 90 people total (2 spectators per player)
- Dugouts and benches sanitized daily
Tennis and Basketball Courts
- Don’t touch your face after handling tennis ball, racket or basketball
- Avoid sharing food, drinks or towels
- Singles play is encouraged; doubles play recommended only with household members
- Bring different/marked tennis balls for each player to serve
- Use every other court where practical
- Stay on your side of the court
- If a ball comes to you from another court, send it back with a kick or racket
Pavilions and Pavilions Rentals
- Pavilion rentals resume June 20
- Previous rentals may be rescheduled, but no new rentals are being accepted at this time
- Maximum Occupancy:
- Fairview Rotary Pavilion: 200
- Fairview Entrance Pavilion: 45
- Boys Home Pavilion: 30
- Picnic tables disinfected every morning
- Renter Guidelines
- Guests should not attend if they feel ill or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- Sanitize surfaces (tables, etc.) before and after each use. Consider table covers for easier cleaning. (Cleaning supplies supplied at Fairview Rotary Pavilion ONLY. Please bring your own supplies.)
- Avoid handshakes, high fives and hugs.
- Avoid sharing food and drinks. Consider wearing gloves when preparing and serving food. Use individually wrapped servings if possible.
- Wash your hands frequently, and ask your guests to do the same. Provide hand sanitizer.