Off-Leash Dog Zone at Fairview Park
Subfacility of Fairview Park
|Other Link||Apply online for Off-Leash Dog Zone Permit|
- Dog Park, Off-Leash (permit required)
- Dogs allowed on physical leashes
About the Off-Leash Dog Zone
Residents and non-residents age 18 years or older may apply to use the Off-Leash Dog Zone. Dogs must be at least 12 weeks old to enter the off-leash zone.
Dog owners/handlers whose animals remain on a leash at all times within the dog park area do not need a permit. The area is open to the public and to those who are not handling dogs, but be aware that off-leash dogs may be present. Everyone enters the Off-Leash Dog Zone at their own risk.
- Go in person to the township office (515 Millers Run Road, South Fayette 15064) to complete an application and be issued a photo ID permit.
To apply, you need the following items:
- Proof of a current county dog license for each dog
- Proof of a current rabies certificate for each dog
- Valid Driver's License or ID for each owner/handler age 18 or older who wishes to use the dog park
- Payment in the form of a check, money order, cash payment or major credit card (cards subject to processing fee)
Yearly permit fee, per household:
- South Fayette Residents: $50
- Non-Residents: $100
While each household pays only one fee, EVERY INDIVIDUAL in the household who wishes to handle dogs in the dog park must complete a separate application and be issued a separate photo permit. Dog walkers/handlers who live in a separate household must obtain their own permit and pay a separate fee.
Rules & Regulations
As part of the permit application, each applicant must agree to comply with the rules and regulations of the Off-Leash Dog Zone and of Fairview Park. Owners/handlers who fail to follow the dog park rules and regulations, or who fail to obtain and display the required permit, may be subject to fines and/or revocation of park privileges. The Rules & Regulations of the Off-Leash Dog Zone are enforced per township ordinance.
Entrance & Parking
The Off-Leash Dog Zone entrance is located near the large Rotary Pavilion, near the water towers. Car parking is encouraged beyond the large pavilion. All dogs must be kept on a physical leash prior to entering the designated off-leash area.