Flag Retirement Facility at Fairview Park
Subfacility of Fairview Park
|Other Link||Reserve Facility Online|
Rental includes use of the Flag Retirement area and the ceremonial fire pit. A $5 refundable key deposit (cash or check), and advance pickup of the key to access the fire pit, is required.
- The fire pit is to be used for flag retirement ceremonies only.
- Grilling, bonfires and burning of trash are strictly prohibited.
- Any damage or misuse of the fire pit can result in a citation and fines.
- Flag facility rental does NOT include use of the nearby Entrance Pavilion. Pavilion rental would need to be reserved and paid for in addition to the flag facility.
- Only flags made of natural fibers may be burned in the fire pit. Nylon and plastic flags create toxic fumes when burned and should instead be recycled when possible.
Our Flag Retirement Facility web page offers options for types of ceremonies. You will need to supply the following items to conduct a ceremony:
- Match-light charcoal briquettes
- 1- to 3-gallon water container to extinguish the fire when the ceremony is complete. (Water is available on the side of the building containing the restrooms.)
- Insulated gloves
- First aid kit